Considering a career as a Barclays Technology Summer Intern Programme? This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment process to the required skills and responsibilities. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Barclays industry-leading platforms.
There’s no other business quite like Barclays. There are no other careers quite like ours. We’re here to champion your development, and we truly want you to enjoy your career journey. We’ll give you all the support and encouragement you need to make the most of this experience. And you’ll have the chance to make a genuine contribution to our inclusive culture and support our purpose as we serve our customers, clients, communities and colleagues.
Company Website: home.barclays
Job Role: Technology Summer Intern Programme
Qualification: Bachelor’s/Master’s degree
Batch: 2023 / 22 / 21 / 20 / 19
Salary: up to ₹11.7 LPA
Job Location: Pune
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
Internships at Barclays
Our internships are the perfect introduction to the world of financial services. You’ll be immersed in your chosen business area, learning from our people and taking on real business challenges.
Wherever you join us, you’ll discover a platform to help you absorb the essential skills and knowledge you’ll need to progress on your journey at Barclays. You’ll receive genuine support and encouragement, with both senior and junior mentors to guide you; and you’ll have the opportunity to take part in networking and social events. We want you to feel part of our community from the very start.
- To lead and be accountable for system engineering activity for one or more applications / products across the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- To maintain an in-depth, end-to-end technical understanding of one or more applications / products, being recognized as the ‘go to’ contact for technical queries, live incidents and problems.
- To use system-specific knowledge and technical expertise to define technical strategies that provides business solutions.
- Collaborating with Architects, PMs and developers as well as support and Infrastructure teams during and for the Design and development of the software components within the project scope, ensuring quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness in order to support the high performance delivery of change projects within RDC.
- Support to Design Phases through performing requirement analysis and design.
- Provision of strong build expertise to both project development and BAU enhancement.
- Proficient in either OOPS, Java, C/C++, J2EE, Oracle, Hibernate, WebLogic, Spring or mainframe Technologies
The Barclays Internship selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Barclays careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Barclays
If you are interested in the Barclays off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here