Considering a career as a Cisco Software Engineer? This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment process to the required skills and responsibilities. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Cisco industry-leading platforms.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (39 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Company Website: www.cisco.com
Job Role: Software Engineer
Qualification: Any Graduate
Experience: Freshers / Experience
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023 / 2024
Salary: Up to 4.7 LPA (Expected)
Job Location: Bangalore
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
Apply principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer science to the design, development, and testing of business software applications. May work as a member of a scrum team across the entire software development lifecycle.
Designs, develops, and improves software applications / platforms. Multi-facet role that may provide the opportunity to work in any part of the development stack across diverse software languages.
Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure, and technology platforms, including applications, operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools. Scales systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolves systems to improve reliability, supportability, and velocity.
Build high performance, horizontally scalable, low latency service using the latest technologies and handle information at massive scale. Evaluate and leverage new technologies in the product architecture. Participate in a variety of professional development opportunities, network with senior executive leadership team, give back to your local community, and socialize with a community of global technologists.
- Problem solving instincts / abilities
- Passion about technology and building software applications, with object-oriented design, test driven development and Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to work cross-functionally is solving complex problems.
- Proficient in Cloud, Cloud Connector, and Container technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure, CloudRun, Knative, Kubernetes, and APIs.
- Proficiency of CI/CD tools, security mindset and orchestration/config mgmt/IaC tools such as terraform, ansible, puppet, etc.
- Familiar with business/ERP applications such as Salesforce, Oracle and SAP and integration with other internal applications.
- Grasp of distributed systems and micro services
- Solid programming background in an object-oriented development and Design Patterns
- Understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming, and load balancing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environments
The Cisco Software Engineer selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Cisco Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Cisco
If you are interested in Cisco Careers off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here