Considering a career as a Cognizant Software Engineer Associate? This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment process to the required skills and responsibilities. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Cognizant industry-leading platforms.
Cognizant is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Company Website: www.cognizant.com
Job Role: Software Engineer Associate
Qualification: Bachelors Degree
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: Up to 4.7 LPA (Expected)
Job Location: Chennai
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
- Understand the functional/ non functional requirements gathered from the stakeholders (Architect Product Manager Product Lead Client) for enhancement.
- Participate in cross functional meetings to review Product Marketing Requirements and Functional Requirements and create clarification list to resolve ambiguities.
- Conduct feasibility study to understand the impact of the requirements on the existing product.
- Provide inputs to the development lead on the estimations.
- Understand new / complex product requirements (functional and non functional).
- Create a low level design document (which captures class level diagram and attributes mapped to the class and sequence diagram) based on the understanding of high level design.
- Seek review inputs from the Architect and incorporate the same.
Product Design and Development:
- Create POCs to identify the feasibility of new technologies/ products and share the findings with the architecture team for new products.
- Provide strategic technical direction for product research design analysis testing process improvement and complex troubleshooting for critical and large projects.
- Create high level software design (HLSD) documents under the guidance of Architects.
- Establish design standards and deliver solutions which meets product’s functional and non functional requirements.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems.
- Participate in architecture / code reviews and eliminate implementation problems early in development cycle.
- Create/ review of low level design document for product enhancement.
- Seek review inputs from the product lead.
- Build code as per the design document if required.
- Provide technical guidance to the team to resolve complex technical issues.
- Create requirement traceability matrix and review test cases coding standards testing defects.
- Identify ways to improve or reduce the defects.
- Support the client in user acceptance testing if required.
- Review Test Cases / Test Plan.
- Conduct Integration testing and resolve defects/bugs during QA Testing Alpha Release Beta Release Post Release patches.
Product Training and Documentation:
- Provide inputs to technical publications and review documentation of key features as warranted.
Product Sign Offs:
- Resolve existing issues.
- Gather users feedback from the client and identify ways to enhance the usability.
- Provide inputs on the status of the module development to the development lead.
- Mentor Software Engineers and conduct one on one sessions to coach team members.
- Set goals for team members and monitor performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal for team members.
Must Have Skills
- .Net Core
- MS SQL Server
The Cognizant Software Engineer Associate selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Cognizant Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Cognizant
If you are interested in Cognizant Careers off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here