EY Data Analytics Hiring: Ernst & Young (EY) is one of the Big Four accounting and professional services firms. With over 300,000 employees worldwide, EY offers many career opportunities, especially in data analytics. As data becomes increasingly important for businesses, EY is expanding its data analytics teams globally.
If you’re interested in launching or advancing your data analytics career, EY can provide great experience working with top companies across various industries. However, the competition is fierce for these coveted roles. This beginner’s guide will help you understand EY’s data analytics hiring process and how to stand out as an applicant.
EY Data Analytics Opportunities
EY has data analytics roles across its core business functions, including Advisory, Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Consulting. Some specific positions you could be hired for include:
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Analytics Consultant
These roles help collect, organize, analyze and visualize data to drive business insights and strategies for EY and their clients. For example, data analysts may identify trends to recommend business growth opportunities. Data scientists could build machine learning models to detect financial risks.
EY’s data teams work on diverse projects across industries like financial services, health care, energy, media, and more. This variety provides opportunities to expand your skills.
EY Data Analytics Recruitment
Company Website: www.ibm.com
Job Role: Data Analytics
Qualification: B.E. or B. Tech, M.Com, B. Com, BSc (CS), MSc, ACCA or CA inter
Experience: Fresher (0-2 Years)
Salary: INR 8.8 LPA (Expected)
Job Location: Kochi
People Also Read – Best AI Tools for Data Analysis
Your key responsibilities
- Analyze large volume of data and define clear strategy in assurance analytical work
- Act as a team player and work in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of different aspects of auditing. Correlate raw data to audit-related analytics
- Must be able to work closely with the Global Assurance team and support in conceptualizing ideas, strategy and framework
- Support extraction of data from multiple sources by understanding data structure requirement
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills
- Problem solving skills with quick learning ability and adaptability to change
- Should be open to working in different time zones and travel as required
- Should have high standard of integrity and confidentiality
- Should be willing to work under tight timelines delivering good quality of work
To qualify for the role, you must have
- B.E. or B. Tech Fresher or any other graduate degree, ACCA or CA inter (fully or partially qualified), M.Com, B.Com, BSc (Computer Science), MSc (Computer Science)
EY’s Data Analytics Interview Process
If your background seems aligned, here’s an overview of what to expect in EY’s data analytics interview process:
1. Initial Online Application
Applying online at EY’s career site or through networking could land you an interview. Make sure your resume is tailored using relevant keywords.
2. Pre-Recorded Video Interview
EY may have you complete an online video interview responding to pre-recorded questions. This pre-screens candidates before further rounds.
3. HR Screen
If selected, you’ll have a phone call with an HR rep to discuss your background and motivation for EY. Treat this as seriously as a technical interview.
4. Technical Interview(s)
Over one or more rounds, you’ll have technical interviews focused on data analytics skills like SQL, data visualization, Python, statistics and modeling. Brush up on techniques and platform options.
5. Case Interview(s)
These discuss hypothetical business problems and how data can provide solutions. Practice thinking through examples out loud to get comfortable.
6. Leadership Interview
Higher-level interviews assess your leadership presence, communication abilities and cultural fit. Articulate your values clearly.
With perseverance and preparation, you could get the coveted offer letter! Be sure to thoroughly consider compensation, benefits, culture and career growth opportunities.
7 Keys to Stand Out in Your Data Analytics Interview
Now that you know the various interview stages, here are some tips to shine as a top data analytics candidate when interviewing with EY:
1. Research the Role and EY
Thoroughly study the data analytics role you’re applying for along with EY’s company vision and offerings. This shows commitment.
2. Review Key Concepts
From statistics to SQL queries, ensure you understand and can discuss core data analytics concepts applied at EY. Use online courses to refresh skills.
3. Practice Technical Interviewing
Work through sample data analytics problems out loud to get comfortable explaining your thought process persuasively.
4. Prepare Stories and Examples
Have clear stories demonstrating times you drove data insights, overcame obstacles, led projects, resolved conflicts, etc.
5. Build Visualizations in Advance
Have a portfolio of Tableau, Power BI, or other visualizations ready to showcase your skills.
6. Ask Thoughtful Questions
Researching EY shows your interest. Prepare smart questions about work, culture, training, growth opportunities, etc.
7. Watch Your Communication Style
Communicate clearly and confidently. Don’t rush responses. Listen attentively. Explain data technicalities in business terms.
Preparing thoroughly can help you check all the interview boxes and successfully start an exciting data analytics career at EY!
Developing a Data Analytics Career at EY
If hired as a data analyst or scientist at EY, you’ll get access to many resources and programs to further develop your skills:
- Structured Learning – From virtual instructor-led training to microlearning through EY’s digital learning portal, you can build your capabilities with data analytics tools, models and approaches.
- Rotational Programs – Some new hires enter a rotational program to get experience across different service lines and teams to find their best role fit.
- Internal Mobility – Data analytics skills are valued across EY’s service lines. You can explore rotating through different teams to expand your perspective.
- External Training – EY encourages relevant external training and certifications to advance your expertise. This could include coursework related to new data technologies.
- Mentorship – Experienced EY data professionals can provide guidance on technical issues, soft skills development, and career growth strategies.
- Hands-On Experience – Under supervision of senior staff, you can get direct experience with data analytics projects to acquire new capabilities.
Taking advantage of these learning opportunities allows you to continuously improve your data analytics acumen and leadership abilities at EY.
Progressing Your Data Analytics Career at EY
How can you grow as a data analytics professional if hired at EY? Here are some tips and trajectories to consider:
- Achieve Results – Meet deadlines, quality standards and expectations on data projects to build trust and reputation for bigger assignments.
- Increase Scope – Seek expanded responsibility and ownership of deliverables as you gain experience. For example, own a larger piece of data modeling projects.
- Specialize – Become a subject matter expert in a key area like AI, cybersecurity analytics, or blockchain data. Lead projects within your specialty.
- Publish & Speak – Getting published and speaking at conferences grows your personal brand as an innovator. EY encourages thought leadership.
- Pursue New Positions – With proven delivery and leadership skills, discuss promoting into senior or manager roles. Consider stretching assignments.
- Obtain Certifications – Advance your credentials through certificate programs in data science, Six Sigma, etc. to boost expertise.
- Get a Mentor – A formal mentorship relationship with an EY leader provides visibility and candid advice to power your growth.
- Network & Learn – Connect with professionals across EY and clients. Attend events and trainings to continuously upskill.
With hard work and people skills, an EY data analytics career offers opportunities for increasing impact, leadership growth and becoming an industry thought leader.
Conclusion and Next Steps
This beginner’s guide outlines how to stand out when interviewing for data analytics roles at prestigious firms like EY. It also summarizes the incredible learning and advancement possibilities once hired.
Here are some final tips for aspiring data analytics professionals:
- Polish your technical skills through online learning, certifications and hands-on tools practice.
- Perfect your resume and interviewing abilities to shine for competitive roles.
- Research companies carefully to find ones offering strong growth trajectories.
- Maintain connections and network internally to open up career opportunities.
- Focus self-development on building both hard data skills and soft collaborative abilities.
- Always keep learning and challenging yourself to bring innovative insights to clients.
Following this beginner’s guide can help you gain that highly coveted role with EY’s talented data analytics team. The possibilities for continual growth and rewarding challenges are immense.
Are you ready to launch your data analytics career in a forward-thinking environment? If so, take the first step by applying for EY opportunities today!
How to Apply for EY
To apply for this Off Campus Drive, interested candidates must follow the procedure outlined below:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our Official Twitter: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here