Are you a student looking to gain valuable work experience at one of the top tech companies? A HackerRank internship may be the perfect opportunity for you!
HackerRank is a Y Combinator-backed company that focuses on developer skills testing and remote video interviews. With their renowned coding challenges, HackerRank has become a go-to resource for tech recruiters and companies looking to hire top talent.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about landing a coveted HackerRank internship, including:
Before applying, it’s helpful to learn about HackerRank’s business, culture, and values. Here’s an overview:
Founded in 2012, HackerRank is headquartered in Mountain View, California and has additional offices in India. They’re a skills-based hiring platform that helps companies evaluate talent based on skill, not pedigree.
Over 2,000 customers use HackerRank skills assessments and coding challenges to source, screen, hire, and upskill developers based on skill.
HackerRank is driven by the belief that given the right opportunities, anyone can thrive in tech. The company strives to make competency-based hiring the new normal.
The HackerRank culture emphasizes transparency, autonomy, and employee growth. Even as an intern, you’ll take part in shaping real products that customers rely on.
Company Website: www.hackerrank.com
Job Role: Software Development Engineer Intern
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Batch: Recent Batches
Salary: ₹10 -12 LPA (Expected)
Job Location: Bangalore
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
This is a 6-month full-time onsite internship (Jan – June 2024).
Please apply only if you’re available full-time to work from the Bengaluru office for the entire duration.
If you’re happily obsessed with writing great code that will be used by other great engineers around the world, read on – this just may be the perfect role for you. HackerRank is looking for high-potential Hacker Interns to join our team of world-class full-time Hackers as we build the most engaged community of Developers.
The hypothesis: Every hacker has a category of challenges that they love, whether they are coding at their level or pushing their limits and learning something new.
Life as an intern at HackerRank
World-class mentors, great culture amazing people and opportunities to make a difference all in a real-world scenario and right at the beginning of your career! If this sounds exciting, read on…
- Each one of you will be paired with a mentor, who will support you throughout your internship.
- You get to push your code to prod and contribute to meaningful & real-world projects right from your first month.
- Transparent communication is the key metric binding all of us here. You’ll have access to all the information needed including the company’s progress every week directly from the Executive team.
- You’ll have direct access to all employees in the company and can always challenge the status quo enabling you to be more data driven.
- Whether you’re graduating and seeking a full-time position after your internship, or hoping to return for another internship next year, you’ll be considered for a returning offer during your internship.
Steps to Apply for Internship
Apply only through this page, not other links.
ONLY the resumes created at HackerResume will be considered for the internship.
- Create a resume:
Go to hackerrank.com/resume and create a resume there. ONLY the resumes created at HackerResume will be considered for the internship.
Why do we ask for a resume in this format? Your resume is actually reviewed by Hari, the CTO of HackerRank. He accepts of having a “well-designed resume bias“. Everyone (including Hari) likes a good resume. But in an ideal world, only your work/skill in the resume should matter. The design of the resume should not decide whether you are selected for the next round or not. To avoid this bias completely, we are trying to get all the resumes in a single, simple & same format.
Also, we’ve picked one of the best resume templates out there to create a resume for you. We’ve also followed some of the best practices from the book https://thetechresume.com/ so that you don’t have to do all the hard work. We hope even if things don’t end well with the HackerRank internship, this resume is helpful to you.
- Things to keep in mind while creating your HackerResume:
Ensure to import all your GitHub projects while creating your resume from HackerResume by clicking on the Import button. Also, ensure to add any/all of your open-source contributions and projects you have worked on.
- Upload your resume:
Come back to this page, scroll down and Apply to the job below only with your HackerResume.
- Solve the HackerRank test:
Soon after you apply to the role, you will receive a test. The test is the first step towards the next steps in the internship process. What is the test all about? This is a simple coding question using very basic string processing. The question does NOT involve complex algorithms like dynamic programming or graph algorithms. This test is to check if you can convert from English to your favourite programming language.
If you have any questions about the above-mentioned steps, write to email@example.com and someone from our team will answer it.
- Is it only for 6 months? Yes, it is a 6-month full-time Internship.
- Is it a Paid/Unpaid internship? It is a paid Internship and comes with a lot more
- Is it a remote internship? No, this is a full-time, in-office internship.
- What benefits do I avail apart from the stipend? There is insurance, coverage of two-way travel, various reimbursements and so much more!
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our Official Twitter: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here