Considering a career as an IBM Associate Consultant? This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment process to the required skills and responsibilities. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on IBM’s industry-leading platforms.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Company Website: www.ibm.com
Job Role: Associate Consultant
Qualification: Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
Batch: 2023 / 2022 / 2021 / 2020 / 2019
Salary: up to ₹6 LPA
Job Location: Bangalore
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for the best and brightest for its IBM Consulting division – one of the region’s best innovation and problem-solving group that works deep in Industry and functional domains to solve some of the most challenging client and industry issues. As a member of this elite team, you will work on some of the most strategic and visible projects in India, contributing across a cross functional team to bring successful outcomes for your team and the client. A fast starter who works with minimal direction, you immediately bring value to the table with your exceptional consulting skills, analytical abilities, and technical prowess. You specialize in breaking barriers and creating new paradigms, managing complex client environments through a start-up mindset – working directly with the client senior management. You learn new skills through your initial engagements – both in Industry and technical domain, quickly gaining expertise that puts you on a fast-track career progression within India or globally. Added perks of the role includes travel across India to work closely with leading clients and celebrating success together.
- Proficient in coding
- Development of both front-end and back-end code in Java (microservices development will be an added advantage)
- Ability to Code and operate in Hybrid cloud environment
- Exposure of one or more hyperscalers (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Conduct and be part of design thinking discussions/workshops
- Passion for Technology and Cloud
- Work on research and analysis
- Understand and document innovation priorities and trends for the industry
- Good Communication Skill
- Ability to build microservices (hands on)
- Preferably a full Stack developer (both front-end and back-end development exposure is a required though)
- Good to have completed any courses on Pluralsight / Coursera / edX on Programming / Cloud / AI.
- Any certification from a Cloud Provider – AWS, Azure, Google would be a definite plus.
- Awareness of standard Open-source tool
The IBM Associate Consultant selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the IBM Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For IBM
If you are interested in the IBM off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here