Considering a career as a Micron Embedded Software Engineer. This step-by-step beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment off-campus drive process to the required skills, responsibilities and selection process. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Micron industry-leading platforms.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
Company Website: www.micron.com
Job Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: Up to ₹7.2 LPA
Job Location: Hyderabad
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
Our embedded software engineers are challenged daily with a wide range of challenges and responsibilities. Typical tasks include:
- Working in cross-discipline design teams involving software, electrical, controls, and mechanical engineers designing new equipment to meet customer needs.
- Developing embedded and interface software, providing input to schematic design, reviewing PCB layouts, prototyping circuits, debugging analog and digital hardware, automating testing, developing user libraries to control hardware, and creating documentation.
- Desire to understand, debug, and fix issues spanning layers of software, and PCB hardware.
- Coding primarily in C, C++, and Python under Linux for various microcontrollers and computing modules acting as the interface to custom hardware.
- Work closely with globally located software, electrical, mechanical, and control engineers in the design and development of next-generation memory testers
- Supporting existing equipment
- Develop/Debug in C/C++ for embedded environments
- Develop/Debug in C++ and Python for the hardware interface environment
- Use of lab equipment for design bring-up, characterization and testing
- Communication – written, spoken, creating technical documents
Engineering members of our team, SIG, are a group who enjoy being challenged with a wide range of software and hardware design projects. Our group is tasked with enabling strategic cost, capability, and time to market advantage to Micron Technology Inc. Our work is essential to keep Micron at the forefront of the global memory market. We are continuously challenged to develop innovative production test solutions that are customized to Micron’s needs. We must be more agile, robust, efficient, and capable than our competitors.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- English Fluency
- C, C++ proficiency
- Python familiarity
- Fundamental electrical engineering knowledge
- Familiarity with schematics
- Familiarity with lab equipment (oscilloscopes, DMMs, SMUs)
- Foundation in Computer Science
- Experience with embedded software tools
- Familiarity with PCB layout
- Python proficiency
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency with GNU toolchain
The Micron Intern selection process for Graduate Embedded Software Engineer off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Micron Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Micron
If you are interested in Micron Careers off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here