Considering a career in Microsoft Software Engineering? This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment off-campus drive process to the required skills, responsibilities and selection process. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Microsoft industry-leading platforms.
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington. Microsoft’s best-known software products are the Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft 365 suite of productivity applications, and the Edge web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface lineup of touchscreen personal computers. Microsoft ranked No. 14 in the 2022 Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue; it was the world’s largest software maker by revenue as of 2022. It is considered one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Alphabet (parent company of Google), Amazon, Apple, and Meta Platforms.
Company Website: www.microsoft.com
Job Role: Software Engineering
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Freshers (0 – 2 Years)
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: Up to 13 LPA (Expected)
Job Location: Multiple Locations
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
- Understand Requirements – Contributes in partnership with stakeholders (e.g., project manager, technical lead) to determine user requirements for a feature. Begins to incorporate appropriate continuous feedback loops measuring customer value.
- Design – Learns and contributes to processes for the architecture of a product/solution feature and learns to create proposals by testing design hypotheses and helping to refine code plans under the technical leadership of others. Produces code to test hypotheses for technical solutions and assists with technical validation efforts. Helps with and participates in the development of design documents for simple designs or user stories with oversight, helps to determine the technology that will be leveraged, and how they will interact.
- Coding – With guidance, learns to create and implement code for a product, service, or feature reusing code as applicable. Writes and learns to create code that is extensible and maintainable. Learns about and applies diagnosability, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when the code is ready to be shared and delivered. Apply coding patterns and best practices to write code.
- Implement – Learns to review work items to gain knowledge of product features in partnership with appropriate stakeholders (e.g., project managers). Assists and learns about breaking down work items into tasks and provides estimation.
- Reliability and Supportability – Learns about and contributes to operations of live service as issues arise on a rotational, on-call basis. Identifies solutions and mitigations to simple issues impacting performance or functionality of Live Site services.
- Engineering Excellence – Reviews current developments and proactively seeks new knowledge that will improve the availability, reliability, efficiency, observability, and performance of products while also driving consistency in monitoring and operations at scale.
- Embody our culture and values.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, operating systems, design patterns and related topics
The Microsoft Software Engineering selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Microsoft Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Microsoft
If you are interested in Microsoft Careers off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here