Morgan Stanley is one of the world’s largest investment banks, providing a wide range of financial services globally. Their technology summer analyst program offers students an inside look at working in technology at a major financial institution. This beginner’s guide covers key details about Morgan Stanley, the technology analyst role, required qualifications, the application process, and tips for putting your best foot forward.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley, established in 1935 is an investment bank headquartered in the United States. Operating across, than 40 countries with a workforce of over 60,000 individuals Morgan Stanley offers a range of services including investment banking, wealth management, securities trading and investment advisory. Their expertise lies in providing financial strategy guidance, to governments, institutions and individuals as assisting with capital raising initiatives and facilitating mergers and acquisitions.
Morgan Stanley has a strong focus on technology and rebuilding their tech stack. They aim to harness leading-edge tech to deliver innovative products and services to clients. As a summer technology analyst, you would get hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies powering a top global financial firm.
Morgan Stanley Recruitment
Company Website: www.morganstanley.com
Job Role: Summer Analyst
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree
Batch: 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023 / 2024
Salary: up to ₹16 LPA
Job Location: Bangalore/ Mumbai
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
Summer Analysts join for 2 months in May of each year. Summer Analysts are placed into a specific development or infrastructure team, both of which are designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience that will demonstrate firsthand what it’s like to be a technologist for a world-class financial firm.
Training commences with an induction day that provides an overview of the Firm, our structure and strategy as well as guidance on making the transition from campus to corporate environment. Following direct placement into teams, Summer Analysts work on live projects of real relevance to Morgan Stanley. Throughout the Program, students experience guest lectures with senior management, and have opportunities to attend networking, team building, social and charitable events.
- Development Teams: Our development teams are tasked with designing, developing and maintaining applications used by the Firm’s business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements; making system design decisions; evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software; and testing and deploying applications to production. Developing high-performing low-latency electronic trading systems across multiple asset classes, providing sophisticated risk management analytics and systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities across increasingly sophisticated products are just some of the many projects available for developers within our technical organizations.
- Infrastructure Teams: Our infrastructure—facing teams are developing cutting-edge systems to run our business. Engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. Working in small, nimble teams, the group provides applications that span the breadth of the Firm’s clients in an efficient manner. Engineering the Firm’s websites, managing the Windows plant, and developing a client reporting delivery system are some of the projects available for infrastructure engineers in our organizations.
- You are a Bachelors or Masters student in your penultimate year of study.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or other related technical majors preferred.
- You have experience with at least one programming language: e.g., Java, C++ or C#, database knowledge.
- You have operating system knowledge (Windows and Unix).
- You have excellent problem-solving skills, experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
- You have excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- You are fluent in English.
The Morgan Stanley Software Engineer selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Morgan Stanley careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
Morgan Stanley evaluates your problem-solving ability, technical competency, leadership potential, and passion for finance technology throughout the process. Preparing through coursework, internships, researching Morgan Stanley, and practicing interviews can help your candidacy.
How to Apply For Morgan Stanley
If you are interested in Morgan Stanley Software Engineer off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here