Considering a career as a Qualcomm Database Administrator? This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment process to the required skills and responsibilities. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Qualcomm industry-leading platforms.
Founded in 1985, Qualcomm is an American multinational corporation headquartered in San Diego, California. The company specializes in wireless telecommunications products and services as well as semiconductors. Qualcomm develops and commercializes foundational technologies and products used in mobile devices and wireless networks. Its technologies and products are used in a wide range of industries beyond wireless, including automotive, computing, IoT, and networking.
With over 41,000 employees across more than 100 locations worldwide, Qualcomm is a leading innovator in 5G and next-generation wireless technologies. The company continues to research and develop cutting-edge technologies to support the constant evolution of mobile. Qualcomm aims to improve people’s lives through its innovations and products.
Company Website: www.qualcomm.com
Job Role: Database Administrator
Qualification: Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: Up to 6.7 LPA (Expected)
Job Location: Hyderabad
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
- Install, configure and upgrade Oracle server software and related products in a UNIX environment.
- Create, maintain and insure recoverability of Oracle databases in a UNIX environment.
- Responsible for 7×24 support and oncall support for production databases. Work in rotational shifts with weekend oncall rotation
- Allocate systems storage and develop plans for future storage requirements.
- Establish effective database performance monitoring procedures.
- Control and monitor user access to databases and maintain database security.
- Provide reliable, recoverable and scalable database computing environments to store and integrate company data.
- Handos upgrades/patching and managing vendor support
- Skills in Oracle database backup and recovery
- experience with Oracle 10g and 11g and 12c with RAC and Dataguard
- Experience utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager for monitoring and management
- Experience managing large sized databases
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meet project deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication, customer service and people skills.
- Good Team work capabilities – during problem/crisis situations.
- Knowledge in NOSQL databases Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra are added advantage.
The Qualcomm Database Administrator selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Qualcomm Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Qualcomm
If you are interested in Qualcomm Careers off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here