Red Hat is a leading technology company that is currently hiring an Associate Software Engineer. This beginner’s guide will provide an overview of Red Hat as a company, detail the Associate Software Engineer position and responsibilities, outline the required skills and qualifications, explain the application and hiring process, and provide tips for putting your best foot forward to land the job.
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open-source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Spread across 40+ countries, our associates have the flexibility to choose the work environment that suits their needs from in-office to fully remote to office-flex. Red Hatters are encouraged to bring their best ideas, no matter their title or tenure. We’re a leader in open source because of our open and inclusive environment. We hire creative, passionate people ready to contribute their ideas, help solve complex problems, and make an impact. Opportunities are open. Join us.
Company Website: www.redhat.com
Job Role: Associate Software Engineer
Qualification: B.E/ B.Tech, ME/ M.Tech & PhD
Experience: Freshers (0 – 2 Years)
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: up to ₹10 LPA
Job Location: Bangalore
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
The Red Hat Software Engineering team is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join us in Bangalore, India. In this role, you will develop new features for creating secure, scale-out storage by contributing to Ansible and other relevant open source projects. You’ll also collaborate with other engineering teams to meet specific service goals. We’ll need you to have a solid record of designing, building, and deploying distributed computing software and infrastructure. You will also need to have an expertise in distributed systems, exposure to online services of scaling, and foundation in compute, storage, and software design.
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure services meet scalability, availability, security, and performance goals
- Communicate feedback from developers to stakeholders; develop new features, identify and investigate defects, review designs, and test new feature
- Contribute to the delivery of tested solutions aligned with business requirements
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to debug and resolve technical challenges
- Build a user community around the solutions and features by writing technical articles, speaking conferences, and working with contributors
- Solid programming experience using Python and Go
- Understanding of programming, distributed, and cloud computing systems
- Knowledge of control, data structures, algorithms, and distributed system architectures
- Knowledge of Ansible automation.
- Ability to support multiple development teams and affect design across a range of domains of expertise
- Experience measuring, analyzing, and optimizing scalability and performance
- Experience collaborating with user experience (UX) teams to implement strategic insights and design
- Willingness to learn about new areas
The Red Hat Associate Software Engineer selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Red Hat careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Red Hat
If you are interested in Red Hat off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our Official Twitter: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here