Red Hatis a leading technology company that is currently hiring a Software Quality Engineer. This beginner’s guide will provide an overview of Red Hat as a company, detail the Software Quality Engineer position and responsibilities, outline the required skills and qualifications, explain the application and hiring process, and provide tips for putting your best foot forward to land the job.
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Spread across 40+ countries, our associates have the flexibility to choose the work environment that suits their needs from in-office to fully remote to office-flex. Red Hatters are encouraged to bring their best ideas, no matter their title or tenure. We’re a leader in open source because of our open and inclusive environment. We hire creative, passionate people ready to contribute their ideas, help solve complex problems, and make an impact. Opportunities are open. Join us.
Company Website: www.redhat.com
Job Role: Software Quality Engineer
Qualification: B.E/ B.Tech, ME/ M.Tech & PhD
Experience: Freshers (0 – 2 Years)
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: up to ₹10 LPA
Job Location: Work From Home
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
The Red Hat Core Platform Quality Engineering team is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join us in the Czech Republic. In this role, you will focus on the testing of virtualization components and cover various popular technologies by learning how to search for, analyze, report, and track defects and verify bug fixes, design test plans, write test cases and implement autotest. Also need to collaborate with different QE teams, developer teams, and the project management team in order to ensure a smooth and enterprise quality release.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you’ll gain a deep technical understanding of a variety of popular technologies including but not limited to libvirt, KVM, QEMU, CPU, Memory, NUMA, VirtIO, VFIO, vDPA, vGPU and Live Migration, be encouraged to find creative ways to identify potential problems, come up with innovative solutions alongside some of the brightest engineers in the open source industry.
- Analyze the upstream patches and verify bugs
- Conduct new feature research and function test
- Design, develop, and maintain test plans, test cases, and automated test suites
- Onboard automated tests into continuous integration (CI) workflow
- Perform both automated and manual testing to prevent regression bugs
- Provide timely, complete, and accurate test status reports to all stakeholders
- Analyze and prioritize quality risks and identify tests required to mitigate them
- Keep continuous improvement of test documentation
- Focus on delivering customer value, analyzing feedback, and enhancing test coverage
- Continuously improve testing, processes, and tools
- Basic debugging, troubleshooting, and analytical skills on Linux OS
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and techniques
- Ability to create evident defect reports with reproducers
- Passion and desire for testing and examining how things work internally
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Programming skills in Python
- Contributions to open source projects or publicly available code samples
- Knowledge in Virtualization, Container, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, or Red Hat OpenShift
The Red Hat Software Quality Engineer selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Red Hat careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Red Hat
If you are interested in Red Hat Software Quality Engineer off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our Official Twitter: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here