Considering a career as a Tata Communications Engineer? This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment off-campus drive process to the required skills, responsibilities and selection process. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Tata Communications industry-leading platforms.
About Tata Communications
Tata Communications Recruitment
Company Website: www.tatacommunications.com
Job Role: Engineer
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: Up to 4 LPA (Expected)
Job Location: Chennai
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
- Support the delivery of services both at the network level and service level. Node/card integration, circuit provisioning, co-ordination with field engineers on testing, preparation for migration and execution
- Capable of identifying key issues & priorities and focusing on these to deliver required results with minimal direction and supervision
- Provide suggestions and solutions to customer on the technical issues in transmission and transport network, support them to resolve it as per their request
- Identify and work on cost saving initiatives which brings benefit to customer in terms of Opex and Capex savings
- Document plans, requests, activities & specifications and report on them
- Support Implementing process and technology improvements to increase operational and organizational efficiency
- Work in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders in the identification of deployment, organizational and/or procedural issues and bring about swift and effective solutions
- Follow industry’s standards and best practices
- Proven work experience as a telecommunications specialist in Network Implementation & Site Closure/Optimization & NOC Operations
- Hands on experience with all telecommunications systems like PDH, SDH, DWDM & OTN technologies (Marconi SMA and 16xx family, Nortel TNxx family, Ciena 6500, Ciena 5400, Nortel 5200, Multiwave, MHL 3K, Nokia DMS & System X Switches, PDH 4/3/2 order mux and various PDH, SDH and DWDM legacy platforms) and management systems (NMS and EMS) of various vendor equipment
- Responsible for ensuring accurate data in required inventory databases (inventory systems like MORI, Cramer 8, Remedy and Clarify)
- Fair knowledge on IP data network
- Experience with design and implementation of efficient operational processes for service/resource performance and quality management
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with different audiences representing various technical disciplines across multiple job levels to achieve results
- Adequate interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in planning, designing, building, and implementing Core Telecom Network
- Hands on experience in legacy platform migrations and network optimization projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex core Telecom network
- Bachelor of engineering degree in Electronics & Telecommunications or relevant field
The Tata Communications Engineer selection process for Graduate Intern off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Tata Communications Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply For Tata Communications
If you are interested in Tata Communications Careers off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Join our Telegram Channel: Click Here
Join our Official LinkedIn: Click Here
Join our Official Instagram: Click Here
Join our WhatsApp: Click Here
Apply now: Click Here